This year’s submissions reflect the theme “The Mysterious” and will feature one-act plays written by playwrights with Iowa connections.
After the success of a themed 2019 Festival, we decided to continue with themed submissions. This Festival includes one-acts addressing the theme “The Mysterious.” We are putting out a call for creative takes on this theme which can include the mysteries of existence, a murder mystery, or whatever your interpretation may be!
2020 UNDERGROUND NEW PLAY FESTIVAL PLAY SELECTIONS
- A New Year by Brian Tanner
- Barrymore or the Case of the Missing Red Herring by Brian Tanner
- Basic Accounting by Emily Golden
- Basilicata by Ali Ajram
- The Broadcast by Billo O’Loughlin
- The Case of the Missing Cookie by Tristan Maynard
- Chicken Needle Soup by Matt Fisher
- Lost in Flavortown by Zachary Johnson
- The Photographer by Brian Markowski
- Reubal Sleuth Solves Another One by Mike Miersen
- The Slayer of Alien Gods by Brigid Martin
- The Tempest at Shnuz U Luz by Tristan Maynard
- W.I.S.E. Inc. by Duane Larson