As circumstances evolve, this page will be updated prior to events and performances. TCR continues to follow CDC and Linn County Public Health recommendations for theatre gatherings. Ticket holders will receive a pre-show email within 24 hours of purchased performances with specific guidelines for guests.
TCR asks you to join us in reducing the risk of Covid-19 transmission, and will alter the following policies as guidance evolves. Your continued support and understanding is appreciated as we work together to keep performers, crew members, and audiences safe. As of April 2022:
- TCR visitors who prefer to continue masking are encouraged and supported to do so. If you are not feeling well, wearing a mask is strongly encouraged. Should you choose to stay home due to illness, please review our current ticket refund and exchange information below.
- TCR will seat at full capacity.
- Social distancing requests, including holding empty seats on either side of a party, will be accommodated whenever possible and at no additional charge. Please contact email@example.com to make arrangements
- Concessions will be available pre-show and during intermission.
- Straws will be available to use in TCR sippy cups.
- TCR sippy cups may be used for refill discounts. Individuals will be asked to remove and replace their own lids.
Cleaning and Air circulation
- TCR will maintain regular, robust cleaning of public areas, including lobbies and restrooms.
- No-contact soap dispensers have been installed.
- TCR utilizes hospital-grade air filters in its performance spaces.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available at the concessions counters and box office.
Performer and Creative Team Policies
- All members of the production are asked to be vaccinated.
- Covid protocols are in place to support the health of cast and crew.
- Additional details are available from the Artistic Director Angie Toomsen.
Employee and Contractor Policies
- TCR employees are asked to be vaccinated.
- TCR employees are encouraged to wear masks during public events.
- Additional details are available from HR Manager Erin Brown.
Ticket Refunds and Exchanges
- All refunds and exchanges requested by individuals due to Covid-19 will be honored at no charge to the patron.
- Refund and exchange requests must be received by the box office prior to the ticketed event date and start time.
- Request for refund deadlines will be communicated on a show-by-show basis.
Postponements and Cancellations
- TCR is committed to continuing with each production. This may mean making accommodations to postpone specific production dates. Shows will only be permanently cancelled as a last resort.
- If a show must be postponed or cancelled due to Covid-19, impacted patrons will be notified by e-mail of the following:
- New exchanged into date, if production is able to be postponed, with instructions on how to request additional changes, or
- If production is cancelled, notification of credit on account to use for a different, future production
- Patrons may always donate their tickets back to TCR for tax benefits, as available.
- Refunds for postponed or cancelled productions will be accommodated as requested and no later than one month after the postponement or cancellation.
- TCR strives to ensure that all performances and events are accessible to all of our patrons. Details on these amenities may be found HERE.
- All nearby lots and parkades, except for the US Bank on 3rd St., are managed by downtown parking. Please note that the city does charge a fee to park in some lots on weekends. As always, please pay close attention to signage at all of these lots to avoid being ticketed.
- The Doubletree by Hilton is located directly across 1st Avenue from TCR, and offers luxurious amenities unique to the Cedar Rapids / Iowa City Creative Corridor. CLICK HERE to book on the Doubletree website now.
- The TCR box office can be reached via phone at 319-366-8591 Monday through Friday from 12 PM – 5 PM. Walk-ups are welcome from 5:30 PM – curtain on performance days. You may also reach the box office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
TCR would love to hear from you! We want to make your experience as fabulous as possible, and welcome your thoughts and ideas for how we can better serve you. Drop us a line using the form below:
"*" indicates required fields