I started out as a pianist, but I always identified myself as a singer first. Growing up in the church influenced my decision to become a professional musician and church music has and will always hold a prominent place in my career. I am formally trained as a music educator, pianist, singer, and choral conductor. My undergrad and advanced degrees are from the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas and VanderCook College of Music in Chicago, Illinois.
Before my arrival in Iowa, I enjoyed being in many musical productions, broadcasts and recording projects. I spent a major portion of my career as a choral director at the middle school and high school level in Texas, Illinois, and Iowa. My heart will always be attached to choral music education.
Currently, I teach private voice (Singer By Distinction LLC), serve as a church music Director at Noelridge Christian Church, and I co-founded and serve as musical director at Revival Theatre Company – now in the middle of its fifth season.
- I desire to inspire, encourage and educate performers to reach their utmost potential.
- I enjoy a creative and organic atmosphere, but I strive to have a very clear sound concept going into any project.
- Excellence must be a priority in everything we do as musicians and performers.
- Utilizing a creative spark within meticulously planned rehearsals will set any musical project up for success.
- The music is central to what feeds my soul. The creative collaboration energizes me, and the audience response is why I do what I do.
CAMERON joins our 19/20 season as…
- Music Director, HELLO, DOLLY