- This event has passed.
Underground New Play Festival – Online
May 16, 2020 - May 17, 2020| FREE
TCR’s 10th-annual Underground New Play Festival has been moved to an online format.
This Year’s Theme: THE MYSTERIOUS
2020 offerings include 13 official selections written to explore the theme “The Mysterious.” All plays are short one-acts written by playwrights with Iowa connections.
2020 Festival Sets
Admission is FREE. Please register for each session separately. If you are a playwright or performer in the festival you will be provided a panelist invitation so you do not need to register.
All readings/performances will be directed by the writer unless otherwise noted. All sets followed by QA sessions with the writers, directors, and casts.
Set One: Saturday, May 16th @ 2:30 p.m.
- Basic Accounting by Emily Golden (directed by Zhen Rammelsberg)
- Chicken Needle Soup by Matt Fisher
- Reubal Sleuth Solves Another One by Mike Miersen
- The Case of the Missing Cookie by Tristan Maynard
- A New Year by Brian Tanner
Set Two: Saturday, May 16th @ 7:30 p.m.
- The Tempest at Shnuz U Luz by Tristan Maynard
- W.I.S.E. Inc. by Duane Larson
- The Photographer by Brian Markowski
- The Broadcast by Billo O’Loughlin
Set Three: Sunday, May 17th @ 2:30 p.m.
- Lost in Flavortown by Zachary Johnson
- Basilicata by Ali Ajram (directed by Rachel Potthoff)
- Barrymore by Brian Tanner
- Wico Iye by Brigid Martin
- Awards to follow!
Digital Festival Co-Coordinator
TCR Artistic Director / Digital Festival Co-Coordinator