- This event has passed.
The Skin of Our Teeth Auditions
December 15, 2019 @ 6:00 pm
THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH AUDITIONS – DECEMBER 14 (12-3 P.M.) AND DECEMBER 15 (6-9 P.M.)
Co-audition The Humans, The Skin of Our Teeth, and Vanity Fair
Volunteer actors of any gender, race, ethnicity, age, language, disability/ability, sexual orientation and gender-identification are encouraged to audition. Should you need accommodations for your audition, such as an interpreter or wheelchair assistance, please email email@example.com. For all other questions related to the audition, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, December 14 – 12:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 15 – 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Potential Callbacks: TBD
Sign up for Auditions
- Sign up for an audition slot here for each show of interest. You will read with the other person signed up for your time or with a provided reader.
- Leave at least 10 minutes between slots to give yourself time to move between spaces.
- Sides will be provided at the audition and are posted HERE.
- Please arrive at the TCR lobby at least 20 minutes prior to your slot to check-in and to fill out an audition form.
- Be prepared to state all potential rehearsal conflicts.
- Stage Manager/Announcer/Chorus: Any Age/Any Gender Identification
- George Antrobus: Male-identified, 20-100 yrs old; Husband, inventor of both the alphabet and the wheel, father of Gladys/Henry; larger than life.
- Maggie Antrobus: Female-identified, 20-100 yrs old; married to George only 5,000 years, Mother of Gladys/Henry; Delights in casual resemblance to the biblical Eve.
- Sabina: Female-identified, 20-40 yrs old; the Antrobus’ maid, frequently breaks the fourth wall to converse with the audience; Eternal seductress; Doesn’t understand a word of this play.
- Gladys: Female-identified,10-30 yrs old; hope of humanity. (played by adult actor)
- Henry: Male-identified 10-30 yrs. old; destroyer of humanity. (played by adult actor)
- Chorus: 2-4 roles, any age/gender to fill roles such as Homer, Moses, Muses, Dinosaurs, Fortune Teller, Drum Majorette’s, and many more. (high school + preferred for younger auditionees)
- Rehearsals begin near the end of February (6-7 weeks)
- Runs April 3 – April 19 (Fri-Sun with one potential added Thursday)
- Rehearsal days/times based on actor availability.
The Skin of Our Teeth Creative Team
- Director: K. Michael Moore
- Costumer: Karle Jeanne Maiers