September 10 @ 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until September 11, 2022
Book by Enda Walsh, Music and Lyrics by Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová. Based on the motion picture written and directed by John Carney.
Performed live and outdoors at Brucemore’s Peggy Boyle Whitworth Amphitheater.
From the very first note, Once draws you in and never lets go. This captivating musical is the only show to have music that won an Academy Award, a Grammy Award, an Olivier Award and a Tony Award.
On the streets of Dublin, an Irish musician and a Czech immigrant are drawn together by their shared love of music. Over the course of one fateful week, an unexpected friendship and collaboration quickly evolves into a powerful but complicated love story, underscored by emotionally charged music.
Featuring all of the magical songs from the critically acclaimed film, including the Oscar-winning “Falling Slowly,” this achingly beautiful, joyously uplifting show strikes an unforgettable chord in audiences and speaks to the power of music to connect us all. A show like that only comes around Once.
- Andrej/Guitar – Aaron Brewer
- Eamon/Ensemble – Lauren Galliart
- Billy – Caleb Haselhuhn
- Reza/Guitar/Ukelele/Accordion – Madeline Kadlec
- Girl/Piano – Mary Jane Knight
- Svec/Ensemble/Guitar – Aaron Kruger
- Ivanka/Ensemble – Rhylee Larson
- Emcee/Ensemble/Violin II/Viola – Ava Macek
- Ex-GF/Ensemble/Violin I – Marita O’Connell
- Bank Manager – Aaron Pozdol
- Guy/Guitar – Tim Riven
- Baruska/Ensemble – Susan Scharnau-Schultejeans
- Da/Ensemble – TBD
- Director – Angie Toomsen
- Music Director – Janelle Lauer
- Choreographer – Megan Robinson
- Scenic/Lighting Design – S. Benjamin Farrar
- Costumes – Joni Sackett/Jess Helberg
- Sound Design – Darin Ulmer
- Properties – C.J. Mobberley
- Production Technical Director – Jason “Blue” Herbert
- Intimacy Director – Carrie Pozdol
- Dialect Coach – Katy Hahn
- Tickets are $10 (youth 2 and under), $15 (youth 3-12), and $25 for adults.
- TCR subscribers receive a 25% discount. Discount codes are sent via email and may be used online. Subscribers may also contact the TCR box office at firstname.lastname@example.org to redeem this benefit.
- Brucemore members also receive a discount. Contact Brucemore to receive a special code. Call 319-362-7375.
About Your Visit
Safety: Your safety and comfort are important to us. TCR and Brucemore will continue to follow CDC and Linn County Public Health guidelines.
- Masks are optional. Anyone who wishes to wear a mask is encouraged to do so.
- Capacity will be adapted appropriately to fit each program or event.
- Please be cautious and stay home if symptoms are present, if you are not feeling well, or if you have been exposed to a positive case of COVID-19. View the list of symptoms from the CDC here.
Site Opening: The site will open at 5:45 p.m. for parking and seating. The performance begins at 6:30 p.m.
Parking: The only gate that will open to vehicles for on-site parking is at 2160 Linden Drive SE. Signage will direct you to open spaces near the Visitor Center. (Parking is not available on Dows Lane, the dead-end road adjacent to Brucemore.)
Seating: Lawn space is on a first-come basis. Patrons are responsible for bringing their own chairs or blankets.
Show Run Time: Approximately 60 minutes. There will be no intermission.
Food and Beverage/What to Bring: You are welcome to bring your own light snacks and beverages to enjoy in the performance venue. Concessions will also be for sale. Bug spray, blankets, and other items to make your outdoor experience more enjoyable will also be available.
Pets: Pets are not allowed, excluding service animals.
Weather: The event occurs fully outdoors and may be held in light rain. If the event needs to be delayed or rescheduled due to weather, a decision will be made by 4:15 p.m. and ticket holders will be notified by phone. There will be no refunds, only exchanges to another date if possible.
TCR and Brucemore continue to monitor available information and recommendations from the CDC and State of Iowa related to the spread of Coronovirus (COVID-19), and will adapt plans as necessary to follow these recommendations. Decisions will be made to ensure the safety of performers, audience members, and employees.