For Peter Pan on Her 70th Birthday
May 28 @ 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until May 29, 2022
By Sarah Ruhl
Performed live and outdoors at Brucemore’s Peggy Boyle Whitworth Amphitheater.
In this moving, tender, and very personal play from Pulitzer Prize finalist and Tony Award nominee Sarah Ruhl, the longing for immortality of Neverland confronts the inevitable passage of time.
When Ann thinks of her father, she fondly remembers playing Peter Pan in her hometown theater in Iowa, particularly when he used to bring her flowers after the show. Now, 50 years later and from her father’s hospital room during his final moments, Neverland calls again, casting her and her siblings back to this faraway dreamscape. In this world of make-believe, now seen through the eyes of these adults, there is still magic and wisdom for the young at heart.
- Director: David Morton
- Assistant Director: Cherryl Moon Thomason
- Scenic Designer: Joe Link
- Lighting Designer: S. Benjamin Farrar
- Costumer: Joni Sackett
- Associate Costumer: Jess Helberg
- Intimacy/Safety Director: Carrie Pozdol
- Sound Designer: Darin Ulmer
- #1 (Ann) – Marty Norton
- #2 (John) – Philip Schramp
- #3 (Jim) – Rip Russell
- #4 (Michael) – Jon Day
- #5 (Wendy) – Traci Rezabeck
- George – Steve Weiss
- Tickets are $25 (adult) and $15 (youth/student)
- TCR subscribers receive a 25% discount. Discount codes are sent via email and may be used online. Subscribers may also contact the TCR box office at firstname.lastname@example.org to redeem this benefit.
- Brucemore members also receive a discount. Contact Brucemore to receive a special code. Call 319-362-7375.
About Your Visit
Safety: Your safety and comfort are important to us. TCR and Brucemore will continue to follow CDC and Linn County Public Health guidelines.
- Masks are optional. Anyone who wishes to wear a mask is encouraged to do so.
- Capacity will be adapted appropriately to fit each program or event.
- Please be cautious and stay home if symptoms are present, if you are not feeling well, or if you have been exposed to a positive case of COVID-19. View the list of symptoms from the CDC here.
Site Opening: All performances begin at 7:30 p.m., with the site opening at 6:30 p.m. for parking and seating.
Parking: The only gate that will open to vehicles for on-site parking is at 2160 Linden Drive SE. Signage will direct you to open spaces near the Visitor Center. (Parking is not available on Dows Lane, the dead-end road adjacent to Brucemore.)
Seating: Lawn space is on a first-come basis. Patrons are responsible for bringing their own chairs or blankets.
Show Run Time: Approximately 90 minutes. There is a 15-minute intermission.
Food and Beverage/What to Bring: You are welcome to bring your own picnics and beverages (beer and wine allowed) to enjoy in the performance venue. Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages will also be for sale. Bug spray, blankets, and other items to make your outdoor experience more enjoyable will also be available.
Pets: Pets are not allowed, excluding service animals.
Weather: The event occurs fully outdoors and may be held in light rain. If the event needs to be delayed or rescheduled due to weather, a decision will be made by 5:00 p.m. and ticket holders will be notified by phone. There will be no refunds, only exchanges to another date if possible.
TCR and Brucemore continue to monitor available information and recommendations from the CDC and State of Iowa related to the spread of Coronovirus (COVID-19), and will adapt plans as necessary to follow these recommendations. Decisions will be made to ensure the safety of performers, audience members, and employees.