Elephant & Piggie’s “We Are in a Play!”
July 10 @ 6:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until July 24, 2022
Performed live and outdoors at Brucemore’s Peggy Boyle Whitworth Amphitheater.
Based on Mo Willems’ beloved children’s books, Elephant and Piggie’s onstage outdoor adventure will leave young audiences doing the “Flippy Floppy Floory” dance all night long!
An elephant named Gerald and a pig named Piggie are best, best, “bestus” friends, but Gerald worries that something could go wrong that would end their friendship. Piggie is not worried at all! She’s even happier and more excited than usual because she and Gerald are invited to a party hosted by the Squirrelles, three singing squirrels who love to have a good time. And so begins a lively day when anything is possible. BOOK NOW HERE
Book and lyrics by Mo Willems, music by Deborah Wicks La Puma.
- Elephant – Caleb Marner
- Piggie – Kayla Lansing
- Squirrelle – Jayna Gudenkauf
- Squirrelle – Shay Larson
- Squirrelle – Ava Macek
- Squirrelle/Penguin – Kara Ramirez
- Director – Lisa Kelly
- Music Director – Allison Holmes-Bendixen
- Choreographer – Mandy Masmar
- Scenic/Lighting Design – S. Benjamin Farrar
- Costumes – Bre Kenney
- Sound Design – Darin Ulmer
- Properties – C.J. Mobberley
- Production Technical Director – Jason “Blue” Herbert
- Tickets are $10 (youth 2 and under), $15 (youth 3-12), and $25 for adults.
- TCR subscribers receive a 25% discount. Discount codes are sent via email and may be used online. Subscribers may also contact the TCR box office at firstname.lastname@example.org to redeem this benefit.
- Brucemore members also receive a discount. Contact Brucemore to receive a special code. Call 319-362-7375.
About Your Visit
Safety: Your safety and comfort are important to us. TCR and Brucemore will continue to follow CDC and Linn County Public Health guidelines.
- Masks are optional. Anyone who wishes to wear a mask is encouraged to do so.
- Capacity will be adapted appropriately to fit each program or event.
- Please be cautious and stay home if symptoms are present, if you are not feeling well, or if you have been exposed to a positive case of COVID-19. View the list of symptoms from the CDC here.
Site Opening: The site will open at 5:45 p.m. for parking and seating. The performance begins at 6:30 p.m.
Parking: The only gate that will open to vehicles for on-site parking is at 2160 Linden Drive SE. Signage will direct you to open spaces near the Visitor Center. (Parking is not available on Dows Lane, the dead-end road adjacent to Brucemore.)
Seating: Lawn space is on a first-come basis. Patrons are responsible for bringing their own chairs or blankets.
Show Run Time: Approximately 60 minutes. There will be no intermission.
Food and Beverage/What to Bring: You are welcome to bring your own light snacks and beverages to enjoy in the performance venue. Concessions will also be for sale. Bug spray, blankets, and other items to make your outdoor experience more enjoyable will also be available.
Pets: Pets are not allowed, excluding service animals.
Weather: The event occurs fully outdoors and may be held in light rain. If the event needs to be delayed or rescheduled due to weather, a decision will be made by 4:15 p.m. and ticket holders will be notified by phone. There will be no refunds, only exchanges to another date if possible.
TCR and Brucemore continue to monitor available information and recommendations from the CDC and State of Iowa related to the spread of Coronovirus (COVID-19), and will adapt plans as necessary to follow these recommendations. Decisions will be made to ensure the safety of performers, audience members, and employees.