- This event has passed.
August 12, 2019 @ 7:00 pm
DRACULA AUDITIONS – AUGUST 11, 12 AT 7:00 P.M.
Volunteer actors of any gender, race, ethnicity, age, language, disability/ability, sexual orientation and gender-identification are encouraged to audition. Should you need accommodations for your audition, such as an interpreter or wheelchair assistance, please email email@example.com. For all other questions related to the audition, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE DRACULA CREATIVE TEAM
- Director: Kehry Anson Lane
- Scenic Designer/Special Effects: Joe Link
- Costume Co-Designers: Joni Dee Sackett, Kathryn Huang, Jessica Helberg
- Props: Tanja Struve
Please arrive to the TCR lobby no earlier than 6:30 p.m. to check in and to fill out an audition form. Be prepared to state all potential rehearsal conflicts. You need only attend one night of auditions, then callbacks if requested. Auditions won’t necessarily go until 10:00 p.m. if things move quickly.
- Sunday, August 11 – 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 12 – 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- Callbacks: Tuesday, August 13 – Evening
Callbacks for specific roles will be announced the morning of August 12 on the TCR website and Facebook page. Roles will be offered via email and the cast list will be announced by
WHAT TO PREPARE
- Sides will be provided at the audition.
- There might be some physical/movement exploration for certain roles. Come dressed to move.
- Feel free to try dialects at the audition, though not required. Dialects noted will be required for the characters as listed.
- VIDEO AUDITIONS: If you cannot attend auditions in person, you may submit a video. Video requirements:
- Send your video to email@example.com by Monday, August 12th by 6:00 p.m.
- You may select a passage or side from Dracula – this will be up to you to get a copy of the script and select something to read. OR you may perform a prepared/memorized monologue of your choice.
- You may be asked to do a callback video as well, or a skype callback.
SPECIFIC AUDITION REQUIREMENTS/ CHARACTER BREAKDOWN
- Robert Renfield: 30-40. A lunatic of unique appetites and an unfortunate sense of humor. Dialect: British RP.
- A Monster: Age open. A manifestation of Dracula. No dialogue, but a very physical, memorable role. A vicious supernatural demon; the shape assumed by Dracula when he isn’t concerned about appearances. Part zombie, part werewolf, he loves a good chase and is always thirsty.
- Mina Grant: 20 to 30. A beautiful undead woman. We see her in various stages of vampirism. Dialect: British RP.
- Margaret Sullivan: 30 to 50. Irish nurse. Sensible, proper, but also sly, superior. Dr Seward’s loyal assistant. Irish. Tries to conceal her working class roots with an air of propriety. Dialect: Irish.
- Abram Van Helsing: 40+. Intelligent, intense. A leader. Slight mid-European accent. In good physical condition, with a razor mind and an intense interest in the supernatural. Dialect: Dutch.
- Dr Thomas Seward: 30 to 35. An intelligent, fine young Englishman. The former fiancé of the late Mina Grant, a deeply caring, vulnerable human being. Dialect: British RP.
- Count Dracula: 25 to 50. Seems charming and aristocratic, but he is truly a brute who revels in the pain and suffering he brings to others. Capable of enormous charm, magnetism, and courtly manners when such affectations are called for. Dialect: Eastern European/Slavic (Hungarian to be specific).
- The Brides: Age open. Three Vampiresses with seductive ways and dire purposes. Dialect: British RP.
- The Child: 10 to 15. No dialogue, but some effective moments of interaction throughout the show. Lighter rehearsal schedule. Parent must be present at audition check-in to fill out and sign audition for. Dialect: British RP.
- Norbert Briggs: 30 to 50. Working class Englishman and attendant at the asylum. Rough, sarcastic; not entirely a brute, but capable of violent behavior when pushed to it. Dialect: Cockney.
- Lucy Westphal: 20s. A well-bred English girl. Lady-like, strong and sensual. Extremely intelligent, and when not being drained of blood on a regular basis, quite vivacious. Dialect: British RP.
- Jonathan Harker: 20-30. A young solicitor. Handsome, impetuous, madly in love with Lucy. Dialect: British RP.
Rehearsals will start end of July/beginning of September.
- First read/orientation: TBD based on actor availability.
- Tech Rehearsal: 10/12
- Performance Weekends:
- 10/18 – 10/20
- 10/24 (potential add)
- 10/25 – 10/27
- 10/31 – 11/3
- 11/7 -11/10 (potential added weekend)